Health complementary products and rewards
Medical scheme and health insurance clients can choose to make use of additional products available from Momentum, part of Momentum Metropolitan Life Limited, to seamlessly enhance their healthcare experience and extract more value for what they pay.
These incentive offerings and voluntary complementary products range from a world-class lifestyle rewards programme, Momentum Multiply+, to the innovative HealthReturns+ solution.
It is important to note that none of these products are medical scheme benefits. Momentum and Momentum Health Solutions are also separate entities to the medical schemes that we administer.
Momentum Multiply+ is the kick-start you need to live a better, healthier and happier life. Earn great incentives, discounts and cashbacks when you improve your health, safety, fitness, and finances.
Momentum Multiply+ is a lifestyle rewards programme that guides, motivates and rewards members for taking everyday steps to enhance their financial and overall wellbeing. Momentum Multiply members get cashbacks and discounts on Momentum products, at a range of partners and on the Momentum Multiply online shop.
- The average Gold Multiply member gets R11 898 in discounts and cashbacks every year.
- Up to 12% in cashbacks when you shop at Pick n Pay or Dis-Chem.
- Up to 50% off domestic and 40% off international flights.
- Access to exclusive member deals on over 60 leading electronics, sport, safety and lifestyle brands.
Momentum Multiply+ for Corporates is Momentum’s rewards programme for businesses. It assists employers in taking care of their employees’ physical and financial health and creates a safe workplace. Our solutions are designed to enhance employees’ productivity through positive behaviour change which contributes towards a business’ journey to success.
- With Multiply for Corporates, employees benefit from the score that employers receive for the safety of the workplace. (based on a Momentum OCSA review)
- In addition, by engaging with our Momentum product offerings and meeting specific objectives, employers can earn as much as R600 per employee per year. (at no extra cost)
- The employer can use the rewards to fund initiatives, such as Financial Wellness Days or medical screening, designed to further improve the financial health of their business and their employees.
Momentum's HealthSaver+ offers clients the ability to provide an additional savings facility to their employees through which they can save for day-to-day medical expenses housed outside of their medical scheme, such as cosmetic surgery. The funds in the HealthSaver account are instantly accessible to pay healthcare providers, pharmacies and even veterinarians, so there is no need to wait for a claim to be refunded.
Retirement sweep - unique to MomentumRetirement sweep is available to employees who have Momentum HealthSaver and are active contributing members of the FundsAtWork Umbrella Pension or Provident Funds. Employees who have experienced fewer unforeseen medical expenses than anticipated, and have accumulated excess funds in their HealthSaver account can invest some of these funds to supplement their retirement saving, thereby potentially increasing their net replacement ratio at retirement age.
Education benefit - unique to MomentumEmployees are also able to use any HealthSaver balances, including HealthReturns earned, to pay their child dependants' education expenses once a year, provided that a minimum balance of R5 000 remains in their HealthSaver account.
Employees on participating medical scheme options, who have an annual health assessment and are active, have the ability to earn money, which they can pay into their HealthSaver account and increase their retirement savings without paying more. Simply put, they utilise their healthier lifestyle to increase their benefits. This feature allows employees to fund their day-to-day benefits for free and the money they were paying for savings can be utilised to enhance other aspects of their financial needs.
Additional HealthReturns+ benefitsEmployees on certain medical aid options, who have chosen to receive their HealthReturns into their HealthSaver account are also able to earn up to four free GP visits per year for their family and qualify for the HealthReturns RateBooster.
The RateBooster benefit boosts in-hospital cover for specialists by an additional 100% of the Momentum Health Rate, which means that they will have cover up to 400% of the Momentum Health Rate for in-hospital specialist treatment, depending which option they are on.
KidsReturnsTo encourage families to exercise together, Momentum introduced KidsReturns.
This one-of-a-kind feature is available to members on specific medical aid options, as long as all adult dependants on the membership are earning HealthReturns.
This not only makes it easier to earn the maximum of R3 000 in HealthReturns per family per month, but more importantly, helps families to be active together and establish a healthy lifestyle from an early age.
EmployeeReturnsEmployees who are Momentum Health and Multiply Premier members and on Momentum’s retirement benefit through FundsAtWork can get up to 60% of their lump sum death and critical illness premiums back in EmployeeReturns. All they need to do is register, do an annual health assessment, get a Healthy Heart Score and get active!
- This benefit incentivises participating members with monthly airtime, based on their Healthy Heart Score.
- Upon registration, members will receive R50 airtime. Members who go for their health assessment at a wellness day managed by Momentum, will receive their Healthy Heart Score and R50 airtime on the spot. They also receive monthly airtime, based on their Healthy Heart Score and can convert their airtime to data if they choose.
- More4Me is available to employees on Momentum Health4Me+ and Momentum Medical Scheme's Ingwe Option, as long as the employer registers with Multiply for Corporates within 12 months of joining and has at least 15 employees covered by Momentum Health4Me and Momentum Medical Scheme.
- Momentum GapCover+ offers members supplementary cover to assist with shortfalls in the event of hospitalisation involving surgery or medical treatment, as well as for certain procedures performed out-of-hospital.
- With Millennial GapCover, members under the age of 30 pay a reduced premium.
- GapCover is not a medical aid and cover is not the same as that of medical aid. This product is not a substitute for medical aid membership.
- In the event of death, functional impairment or critical illness of the medical aid principal member and/or spouse, HealthWaiver will pay the member's medical aid contribution and Momentum Multiply contribution (if applicable), plus an additional 20% of the contribution for either a 5 or 10-year period depending on the benefit period selected.
- Any leftover funds from the additional 20% can be paid into the HealthSaver account to help provide for day-to-day benefits.